The assistance to the patients and their relatives is one of Fondation Lalla Salma’s major concerns, as the Foundation Lalla Salma brings a quite particular interest and the utmost care and attention to the patients with the aim of helping them better live their disease, making a priority of the geographical nearness.
THE HOUSES OF LIFE
Cancer treatment is often a long run and is always hard time for patients as well as for their families. The hosting problem is one main cause of outpatients abandoning treatment. So in order to encourage them to follow their cure, the creation of temporary hosting spaces near each oncology center stood out as a reality. These spaces have been called “Houses of Life”.
As long as their medical and personal files comply with the admittance criteria (physical distance, low income, type of care), the Foundation Lalla Salma delegates the management of the patients’ application to the Committee of the nearest corresponding hospital, consisted of attending physicians and high executives representing the Ministry of Health.
The raison d’être of the Houses of Life is :
- Subscribe to voluntary work, click here
A COMPOSITE COMMUNITY-BASED PARTICIPATION
The ALSC is an active actor in fighting cancer together with the other non-governmental organizations and Foundation Lalla Salma dedicated to the same cause.
As a matter of fact, a lot of organizations in Morocco do fight against this plague that is cancer, some of which existing for more than 20 years. The domains of intervention are split between the Foundation lalla Salma focusing on women and breast cancer, others mobilizing efforts to help out the children or yet all those promoting prevention first and foremost. Many operations are carried out by all the community sectors acting jointly.
Assisting the children affected by cancer is one of Foundation lalla Salma’s major concerns, and the Foundation lalla Salma brings a quite particular care to the follow up and support of the youngest patients, thus helping them to better live despite their unfair disease.
ALSC’s partner associations in Morocco :
- Association AVENIR (for a better future)
- Association AGIR (act now)
- Association Cœur de femmes (women’s heart)
- Association des Amis de l’Institut National d’Oncologie AMINO (National oncology institute supporters)
- Association Touche Guérison contre le Cancer dans la Région de l’Oriental (Eastern Morocco against cancer)
- Association Marocaine de Prévention et d’Education pour la Santé (Healthcare prevention and information)
- Association Casablancaise d’Oncologie (Casablanca oncology association)
- Association AMAPES Stop Tabac (Quit Smoking)